A FEW Lessons I’ve learned since I stepped away from pastoring (they will bless everyone):
1. People will try and make you a substitute Savior. Don’t let them. Stop carrying weight that was not meant for your back. There’s only one Savior - Jesus! And we ALL need Him!
2. Folk are going to talk about you anyway. If you’re doing well you’re arrogant and untouchable. If you admit you’re struggling then you’re weak and ineffective. If you don’t say anything then you’re standoffish. So DO YOU!
3. Even Jesus had a Judas. Expect betrayals. They are par for the course. Every good golfer knows there’s ALWAYS a sand “trap”. Just work around it.
4. People who are truly called and connected to you don’t need or even care about your title. They are more interested in your relationship with them than your role in their life. Just love people.
5. Church activity is the starting point of real ministry not the finishing line. It is where we are prepped and prepared. Don’t just GO to church but leave church and go to work. “The harvest is plentiful”